The Methodist Church has launched its new outreach programme for the village – part of the mission which includes re-opening of the old chapel on Station Road as a space for community activity and some worship, although without old the pews.
One strand is a series of six discussion meetings in the London Inn on Tuesday evenings from 7.30, starting March 6. titled Table Talk – For Friends.
The church’s new community worker, Ali Mansfield, has lined up the following topics …
• Burnout: How can I balance my life?
• Friendship: How do we make and keep friends?
• Destiny: How do we live a meaningful life?
• Beauty: What does it mean to live an attractive life?
• Ecology: How do we care for the planet?
• Spirituallity: How can we experience God?
Phone Ali Mansfield on 07855 794074 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also lined up, six two-hour meetings at the school, in the middle of the day, called Parentalk.
The first starter session will be Weds Feb 21, 12-2.30, repeated at the same time on Fri Feb 23. Participation, tea and cake, all free.
Mrs Mansfield says: “Unfortunately at this stage it will not be possible to provide a creche. If there is enough demand there will be future courses, possibly with a creche and evening sessions.”
Contact her to book.
Some explanation at