Friday April 12
* Jethro, former king of rude Cornish comedy, is booked for one of his occasional comeback gigs at Hatherleigh Community Centre.
* Solid Silver 60s Show at Princess Theatre, Torquay – touring for possibly the last time, with Brian Poole, Dave Berry and Peter Noone among the survivors.
* Bohemian Rhapsody at Meavy Cinema.
Saturday April 13
* Battleship Potemkin at Calstock Arts.
* Mamma Mia 2 at Yelverton Cinema.
* Wildwood Arts has invited textiles artist Jackie Gale to meet and greet visitors this afternoon, 1-4 pm.
* Bere Alston has a one-off market on this morning, with a fishing flies stall promised alongside cakes, plants, etc.
* Folk duo The Drystones, promoting their third album, play Sheepstor Church. Sample them HERE
* The Dartmoor Boot, £250 for two, is made at Green Shoes of Moretonhampstead – one of 10 craft studios who have put together a Moretonhampstead visitor trail for Sat. April 13. Demonstrations and hospitality being laid on by shoemaker, blacksmith, three potters, woodworker, jeweller, textile artist and a couple of others within postcode TQ13 8** – leaflets available at Information Centre and signage should be in place.
Sunday April 14
* Sam Brockington, Tavistock lad making a name for himself in Bristol and beyond, is home for a show at The Wharf (with Horrabridge teenager Liv Allen in support). Sample him HERE
Monday April 15
Who Sank The Mary Rose? – talk at The Wharf, 2-3.
Tuesday April 16
* Masterchef finalist Thomas Elson-Knight, of Yelverton, is cooking at the Royal Oak, Meavy (s0ld out).
* Horrabridge Times Chess Club meets from 6.30 at Leaping Salmon.
Wednesday April 17
* Pepperland, touring dance show with Beatles tunes, at Theatre Royal, Plymouth.
Thursday April 18
* The Askew Sisters (folk) at Calstock Arts. Sample HERE
Pyles Auctions are looking for lots for their quarterly sale of architectural salvage, farming and garden tools and artefacts, big pieces of granite and other large items which will get the attention of buyers round the world on May 3, at their Bridge Auction Rooms in Hatherleigh and online.
Some examples below of good sales at the last event, in February …
1) “Staddle stone” – support for raised building – £180:
2) Granite feed mill – £3,500:
3) Gypsy wagon – £6,500:
4) Cast iron garden bench – £950:
For more event listings, find the Horrabridge Times calendar HERE